Saturday, June 14, 2008



Mom and I just took a walk down the spit. The spit is a piece of land that juts out into the bay that is a little over one half mile long from beginning to end and about one hundred feet wide. We saw some sea otters in the distance and lots of flowers that are just beginning to burst forth. This is the first time in my life that I can say that dandelions are pretty. After going for so long without seeing anything green or blooming even the dandelions look good and no one tries to destroy them. They are thick everywhere. It is about the only thing we have on the Church property that is growing.

It is a beautiful day and the ocean is really calm so there are a lot of boats out fishing today. I don't really get excited about fishing but maybe when the salmon start to run hot and heavy I might try my luck. One of the men in town that has a boat wants to take me out halibut fishing but I don't think I want to get on a boat after my first and last experience deep sea fishing with Carl Glassford in San Diego years ago. I enjoy eating what they catch but am not really interested in catching my own. We shall see.

1 comment:

Stacey said...

Hey, you're getting the hang of this. It looks good. I love that you're fellow bloggers now. Happy Father's Day Bobby, we love you!